Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management is an academic journal published by the Korean Society for Quality Management. This Journal aims to improve quality of Korean companies, and to encourage research activities of quality specialists and share the outcome. All contents related to quality suitable for this Journal can be contributed.
As per the Open-Access Policy, theses of this Journal can be read in digital files, downloaded, and printed from the website free of charge(http://www.jksqm.org). Reprint of Journal does not sell. Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management receives applications of theses and other manuscripts for publication throughout the year. If you are willing to publish (including nonmembers), please refer to the editorial policy and contribution method included in this Journal
1. Guidelines for Submission of Manuscript
||Korean or English
||Research papers, applied theses, case studies, literature reviews, etc.
||Members and Nonmembers
||March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31
|Inquiries on Thesis
Editor in Chief: Chul-Ho Cho, Dept. of Business Administration, Daegu Haany University, Korea
Manuscript Editor: Shin, Su Yeon
• Contribution Charge : KRW 50,000 won
• Basic thesis : KRW 300,000 won
• Research fund supporting thesis : KRW 100,000 won added
• Papers presented at KSQM conference : KRW 50,000 won decrement
• Regardless of the fields, to 15 pages, above cost is imposed and additional cost of KRW 10,000 won in each pages is imposed.
• English thesis : KRW 100,000 won decrement
• Urgent review : KRW 200,000 won (Additional payment of publication Charge upon publication)
※ We recommend total pages can't be exceeded 20 pages.
※ Conference presentation is recommended for theses published in this Journal
※ Bank account information for publication Charge
NH (Nonghyup) Bank 367-17-009414 (account holder: Korean Society for Quality Management)
2. Authorship and Ethics Guidelines
Contributors of theses must follow the ethics guidelines for academic journal below.
|Author of Thesis
||Authors of the theses must be the ones who actually contributed to writing the theses.
|Prohibition of Double Contributions
||Contributed theses must be the ones that have not been published in other journals, and all or part of the theses contributed to this Journal must not be doubly published in any other publication.
|Prohibition of Plagiarism
||Concepts/data/figures used in the theses must be properly cited and clarify the sources. Plagiarism without approval is prohibited.
|Standard of Ethics Guidelines
Authors of the theses must be responsible for the whole contents of the theses contributed.
General ethics related to the theses must be followed according to publication ethics regulation (http://publicationethics.org/).
3. List of Things to be Submitted by Thesis Contributor
Thesis Contributor to this Journal must submit the following.
|Manuscript of Thesis
Contributed thesis must be in the format required by the Society. If not in
proper format, it cannot be submitted.
- Appendix: Thesis title/author/contact email address, phone, fax
- Full text of thesis (except author information)
- When publication is confirmed, abstract/figures/tables/references must be submitted in separate file.
- Figures and tables must be clear and comprehensible by anyone.
|Data and Experiment Used in Thesis
- Source data used in the thesis must be submitted when requested by examiner, and must be preserved for one year after publication.
- Experiments used in the thesis must be explained in detail for others to verify.
- [Download Checklist Form] Corresponding author must download and write the form, and submit it in PDF file
|Copyright Transfer Agreement and Ethics Oath
- [Download Ethics Oath and Copyright Transfer Agreement Form] Must be downloaded, signed and sealed by all authors and submitted in PDF file
4. Form of Publication
The forms of theses that can be contributed to this Journal are as follows.
||Academically valuable research papers related to quality
||Case studies explaining practical business related to quality that are being reported for the first time
||Manuscripts explaining academically valuable literature related to quality
Brief communications: Manuscripts discovering errors in previously published theses Manuscripts in the letter form: which have the value to deliver to many readers
5. Peer-Review Procedure of Contributed Theses
Theses contributed to this Journal are peer-reviewed in the following procedure.
|Rule of Confidentiality
||All theses contributed are treated as confidential.
||Editor in Chief requests representative editor in the specialized field of the contributed thesis to select three reviewers who can examine the thesis and requests them for examination as specialist.
|Principle of fairness
- Thesis reviewers examine the requested thesis with fairness and impartiality within given time.
- Thesis contributor is made anonymous so that reviewers cannot identify.
- Editor in Chief monitors fairness and impartiality of reviewers, and when violated, withdraws immediately and selects other reviewers.
|Revision of thesis
||If reviewers request revision of manuscript, contributor must resubmit revised manuscript within given time. If revised thesis is not submitted for three months maximum, it is considered that contributor has no intention to submit and thus is rejected.
|Determination of Publication
||Rejection and publication are determined according to the judgment of reviewers.
If 2 or more reviewers reject
If 1 reviewers rejects, and 1 requests drastic revision
Approval of publication: If 2 reviewers approve publication
Other cases require reexamination.
|Thesis Prohibited from Publication
Rejected theses are prohibited from being submitted again.
Theses refused by Editor in Chief due to code of ethics are prohibited from being submitted again.
6. Thesis Format of Original Article
All manuscripts must be written in A4 size (21×29.7cm) paper using word processors, Hangul or MS Word, according to the enclosed method of writing manuscripts for contribution. They must preferably be within 20 pages. [Basic format of thesis contribution to academic journals must follow the format proposed by the Council of Science Editors. http://www.councilscienceeditors.org/]
1) Format of Manuscripts for Contribution
(1) For word processor, Hangul must be used.
(2) Font Type
－ Font： Korean, English, Chinese characters, and Japanese all in Batang font
－ Width of letter：95(；default)
－ Space between letters：-5(；default)
－ Size：9.5 for the text; refer to the following diagram for title, author, affiliation, and paragraph number
(3) Paragraph Form
－ Left margin, right margin, indent, above paragraph, below paragraph, space between word s：0(；default)
－ Space between lines：172, alignment： mixed
(4) Printing Paper Settings
－ Paper type： 190*260
－ Paper direction： regular
－ Margins： top 13, bottom 10, left 16, right 16, heading 14 footer 6 binding 0
2) Manuscript Title, Author Name and Affiliation
Manuscript title, author name and affiliation must be written in Korean (English when the name is
English) and English. If there are multiple authors, the author listed first is the lead author, and the
others are co-authors. Also, corresponding author must be indicated.
When writing in English, the first letter of each word used in the title must be capitalized, and all
last names in capital letters.
Corresponding author must be indicated separately, with contact address, email, phone and fax
numbers written at the bottom of the page in footnote.
3) Paragraph Numbers of Text
① The text must start from introduction and end with conclusion, in the order of ‘1. Introduction’ and ‘2. Research Purpose’ using Arabic numerals.
② When dividing into smaller paragraphs, it must be written as ‘2.1 Research Background’ and ‘2.1.1 Necessity for Research’. Numbers over four steps such as ‘184.108.40.206 Examination in Theoretical Aspects’ must be avoided.
① Tables or Figures must have titles, and submitted in clean state that can be transcribed.
② The title of Table must be located above the table, written as ‘Table 1: 10 Dimensions for Service Quality’.
③ The title of Figure must be located below the figure, written as ‘Figure 1: Deming’s PDCA Cycle’.
Footnotes must be used when necessary, putting serial numbers on the upper-right corner of phrases, and recording contents of footnotes at the bottom of the relevant manuscript.
6) Use of Terminology
For Korean manuscripts, academic terms are to be written in Korean if possible, and may have English terms written in brackets after the relevant terms to help understand the translated terms. Terms difficult to translate as well as human names, place names and proper nouns must be written in the original language.
① Formulas must be numbered on the rightmost using brackets such as ‘(1)’, and when cited again, i t must be written as ‘Formula (1)’ or ‘Equation (1)’.
② cgs or mks must be used as the unit.
Contributors can clarify the contents of contribution and express words of acknowledgement for institutes or individuals that supported the research administratively, technologically or financially.
References must be written in English. When translating Korean directly to English, the translation
must follow Romanization Orthography prescribed by the National Institute of the Korean Language
References must follow the Council of Science Editors. [Download Council of Science Editors (CSE) Style Format Guide].
References must be listed in alphabetical order.
- - Voet D, Voet JG. 1990. Biochemistry. New York: J Wiley; p 619.
- - Kuret JA, Murad F. 1990. Adenohypophyseal hormones and related substances. In: Gilman AG, Rall TW, Nies AS, Taylor P, editors. The pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 8th ed. New York: Pergamon; p1334-35.
Journal or magazine article:
- - Johnson DL, Lynch WE Jr. 1992. Panfish use of and angler success at evergreen tree, brush, and stakebed structures. N Am J Fish Manage 12(1):222-9.
- - Karban R and Strauss SY. 1993. Effects of herbivores on growth and reproduction of their perennial host, erigeron glaucus. Ecology 74(1):39-46.
Organization as author:
- - Recommended method for the determination of y-glutamyltransferase in blood. Scand J Clin Lab Invest 36:119-25.
Electronic journal or magazine article:
- - Slater PJB, Jones AE. 1990. Timing of songs and distance call learning in zebra finches. Anim Behav[serial online]. [cited 2003 Nov 15]; 49(2):123-248. Available from: Ebsco Academic Search Premier.
- - Meyer B, Hermanns K. 1985. Formaldehyde release from pressed wood products. In: Turoski V. editor.
- - Formaldehyde: analytical chemistry and toxicology. Proceedings of the symposium at the 187th meeting of the American Chemical Society; 1984 Apr 8-13; St. Louis, MO. Washington: American Chemical Society. p 101-6.
- - Griffiths AJF, Miller jh, Suzuki DT, Lewontin RC, Gelbart WM. 2000. Introduction to genetic analysis. [Internet]. 7 ed. New York (NY); W. H. Freeman & Co.; [cited 2005 May 30]. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books.
Web Resource: Use as much citation information as you have available. If no author is given, begin with the page name.
- - Foster MR. Spina Bifida. [Internet]. 2007 Jan 26. EMedicine from WebMD; [2008 Sep 15]. Available from: http://www.emedicine.com/orthoped/TOPIC557.htm.
- - Report of the brain tumor progress review group. [Internet]. 2001 Jul1. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke ; [2003 Dec 8]. Available from: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/about_nin ds/btprg/BTPRGReport.htm.
Contents necessary to explain the thesis can be added as an appendix. Furthermore, necessary contents advised by the reviewer can be added to the appendix.
11) Author’s Introduction
All authors or co-authors must write their main academic background, career, current job, and interests in less than 100 Korean characters. Author’s introduction must be submitted according to the request of Editor in Chief after confirmation of thesis publication.
12) How to Write the Manuscript
Title in Korean, Align Center, HY Gothic-extra Font, 17pt
Authors in Korean, Align Center, Batang Font, 11pt
Affiliation in Korean, Align Center, Batang Font, 9pt
Title in English, Align Center, HY MyeongJo-extra Font, 14pt
Authors in English, Align Center, Batang Font, 10pt
Affiliation in English, Align Center, Batang Font, 9pt
Purpose: This study analyzes 3 different national quality awards and compare with the result from Korean quality awards conducted by Ministry of knowledge and Economy and Korea institute for advancement of technology.
Methods: We closely looked at each qualifications and tables of different countries’ awards and compared with one used in Korea. Finally we proposed some suggestions to use not only domestic model but also international ones to be objective and add efficiency to organizations.
Results: Depend on similarity of qualifications and weights, there were countries with different results and these caused score and ranking changes. Nevertheless, there was a comparison that did not make any changes on both score and ranking.
Conclusion: We recognized the limitation that a standardized quality variation cannot be enough sources to test with different size and criteria. Integrating global standards and flow would be the first step to help grow technoparks and organizations placed in Korea in days to come.
Key Words: 3-5 words (English)
1. Introduction (15pt)
Text must be written in Batang Font and 9.5pt.
Abstract, tables, figures, and references must be in English. Text can be written in Korean.
Figures and Tables must be numbered in the order of citation in the text. The title of the Table must be written at the center of the top without a period, and the description of the Figure must be written below and ended with a period.
The title and content of the Figure and Table must capitalize only the first letter and a proper noun.
Choi, Mihwa. 2008. Contesting Imaginaires in Death Rituals during the Northern Song Dynasty. PhD diss., University of Chicago.
Foster MR. Spina Bifida. [Internet]. 2007 Jan 26. EMedicine from WebMD; [2008 Sep 15]. Available from: http://www.emedicine.com/orthoped/TOPIC557.htm.
Griffiths AJF, Miller jh, Suzuki DT, Lewontin RC, Gelbart WM. 2000. Introduction to genetic analysis.[Internet]. 7 ed. New York (NY); W. H. Freeman & Co.; [cited 2005 May 30]. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books.
Johnson DL, Lynch WE Jr. 1992. Panfish use of and angler success at evergreen tree, brush, and stakebed structures. N Am J Fish Manage 12(1):222-9.
Kuret JA, Murad F. 1990. Adenohypophyseal hormones and related substances. In: Gilman AG, Rall TW, Nies AS, Taylor P, editors. The pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 8th ed. New York: Pergamon; p1334-35. Meyer B, Hermanns K. 1985. Formaldehyde release from pressed wood products. In: Turoski V. editor.
Formaldehyde: analytical chemistry and toxicology. Proceedings of the symposium at the 187th meeting of the American Chemical Society; 1984 Apr 8-13; St. Louis, MO. Washington: American Chemical Society. p 101-6.
Slater PJB, Jones AE. 1990. Timing of songs and distance call learning in zebra finches. Anim Behav[serial online]. [cited 2003 Nov 15]; 49(2):123-248. Available from: Ebsco Academic Search Premier.
7. Review Process for JKSQM